Red Suit Club Package Protection
When you make a purchase at The Christmas Light Emporium, we want to make sure it is delivered to you without issue. Red Suit Club Package Protection covers lost, stolen, and damaged orders so that you can rest easy knowing that you’re covered if one of your orders arrives damaged or doesn’t arrive at all. Please read the following policies so you know exactly what is covered under Red Suit Club Package Protection.
Note: When refunding an item, Red Suit Club Package Protection covers the subtotal of the order. Shipping costs and the cost of Red Suit Club Package Protection are not included and are non-refundable. When replacing an item, Red Suit Club Package Protection covers the subtotal of the order, the cost of Red Suit Club Package Protection, shipping costs, and taxes.
To File a Red Suit Club Package Protection Claim: File your claim directly with our claims processing partner here: https://claims.insureship.com/lookup
Please Also Review The Complete Polciy Details Below The Summary
- Occasionally, mail carriers lose packages in transit. However, it is possible that the carrier prematurely marked a package as delivered before it arrives at its destination. We ask that you wait 5 business days before filing a claim with Red Suit Club Package Protection to make sure your package is actually lost.
Package Lost by Carrier
- If the tracking status for your package is not “Delivered” and it has been 7 or more days since the last tracking update for domestic US shipments and within 30 days from the last checkpoint, you may file a claim.
Invalid Addresses and Delivery Obstacles
- Occasionally, carriers are unable to deliver a package due to an invalid address or other obstacles that prevent your package from being delivered. In these cases, the carrier might return the package to us. When this happens your package is not covered under our Package Protection since it is not actually lost, but we will do our best to work with you to get your package delivered. Please reach out to us so we can get started resolving your problem!
- If your package is lost on its way back to us, Red Suit Club Package Protection will cover the issue as long as you file within the same timeframe requirement set for packages lost by the carrier.
- If you ordered multiple items in one package but only part of the order arrived and there is no evidence of tampering, Package protection does not cover the issue but reach out to us and we will assist you.
- If a single order is split into multiple packages and one of the packages doesn’t arrive, Red Suit Club Package Protection will reorder or refund the value of the missing package.
- If we forget to ship an item from your order, please reach out to us to have the missing item fulfilled.
Orders Marked Unfulfilled
- If your order is marked as unfulfilled, we may be experiencing internal delays in shipping out your package. Red Suit Club Package Protection does not cover unfulfilled orders since the orders have not been shipped yet. Please refer to ETAs listed on custom item (such as wireframe displays) product and category pages, or contact us for an update on your order.
- If your package was marked as Delivered but is still missing 5 business days after its “delivery date” and after checking the premises thoroughly, we will consider it stolen. Stolen packages must be reported no later than 15 days after they were marked as Delivered. Red Suit Club Package Protection may request additional documentation (proof of identity, address, etc.)
Orders Under $100
- Red Suit Club Package Protection will reorder or refund you for the stolen items.
Orders of $100 or More
- We require a police report that includes an explanation that Red Suit Club Package Protection is protecting the package that has been stolen. Please include the police report PDF and number in your claim to Red Suit Club Package Protection. Once the police report is submitted to us, we will reorder or refund you for the stolen items.
Delivered to the Wrong Address
- If you entered the correct address at checkout but the package was delivered to the wrong address, we will consider it stolen and replace the order for you.
- If you received a broken item, please contact us. In most cases we will ask that you dispose of the broken item or items properly and not send them back to us, but there are certain cases when we will need the item back.
- If your item arrives damaged (unusable, fractured, shattered, bent, crushed, etc.), we ask that you send us photos or videos of the damage in order for us to reorder or refund you for the item.
- Red Suit Club Package Protection does not cover cosmetic damage such as scratches or dents, manufacturing defects, packaging errors, or unsealed items. However, we may offer a partial refund depending on how severe the cosmetic damage is.
- Items that have manufacturing damage or defects are not covered by Red Suit Club Package Protection, but we are happy to assist you with initiating a warranty claim with the manufacturer if the item is under warranty.
Out of Stock
- Red Suit Club Package Protection will offer you a refund if an item you ordered is out of stock. You can use the refund to reorder the item when it is back in stock.
Input Wrong Address
- If you accidentally entered the incorrect address when you placed your order, it is not covered by Red Suit Club Package Protection, but if you reach out to us we will do our best to correct the situation.
- Red Suit Club Package Protection can not issue replacements for products that do not meet your expectations. Contact the our customer service team to request a refund or replacement.
Expedited Shipping Hasn’t Arrived
- Package carriers update their websites with expected delays due to inclement weather or other factors that could delay delivery. If your package is delayed for any reason, even if you paid for expedited shipping and it arrived outside the expected delivery window, Red Suit Club Purchase Protection will not cover it.
Payment Installation Companies
- It is the customer’s responsibility to pay any payment installment companies directly. If your order is refunded by Red Suit Club Package Protection, it is your responsibility to pay your installments to the payment installment company directly.
No Tracking Information Provided
- Red Suit Club Package Protection reserves the right to deny claims where no tracking information is available. Reach out to the our customer service team to see if a tracking number can be provided to you.
- Red Suit Club Package Protection reserves the right to deny claims for any packages where tracking is marked “Pre-Shipment”.
Closing Order Claims
- If you do not respond within 5 days, Red Suit Club Package Protection will automatically close your claim. However, you can reopen the claim by responding to the original thread.
Accidentally Bought Red Suit Club Package Protection
- If your package has not shipped yet, we will refund you the cost of Red Suit Club Package Protection.
- If your package has already shipped, your order is already covered under Red Suit Club Package Protection and we can no longer refund you for the service.
Complete Policy Details
Online Shipping Insurance Services (InsureShip.com) is the administrator of the Red Suit Club Package Protection program and provides shipping insurance for your online purchases from lost, damaged and theft while in transit. InsureShip is committed to shipping insurance underwriting excellence. We have over 13 years of experience in commercial shipping insurance and provide worldwide shipping insurance coverage for all carriers. When you purchase your shipping insurance from us you will receive world-class service, fast & easy online claims processing and the peace of mind that comes when you insure your order with a trusted name such as InsureShip.com.
Policy Administered by:
Online Shipping Insurance Services, Inc. (InsureShip.com)
3211 Cahuenga Blvd West, 2nd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90068
Navigators Insurance Group
One Penn Plaza
New York, NY 10119
This Agreement is between Online Shipping Insurance Services, Inc. (OSIS) and you ("you" or "Customer") This Section sets forth the terms and conditions which apply to the use by you of the InsureShip.com sites (as defined below) and any other subscription product or service offered for sale by OSIS and/or its affiliates (collectively, "OSIS "). The right to use any product or service offered by OSIS is personal to you and is not transferable to any other person or entity. OSIS reserves the right to make changes to the OSIS sites, policies, and these terms at any time without notice.
User of InsureShip.com Sites
InsureShip.com sites contain links to other Web sites, resources and advertisers. OSIS is not responsible for the availability of these external sites nor does it endorse or is it responsible for the contents, advertising, products or other materials made available on or through such external sites. Under no circumstances shall OSIS be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused or alleged to have been caused to a user in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on such external site. You should direct any concerns to such external site's administrator or webmaster.
Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability
OSIS neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice or statement on InsureShip.com sites, nor for any offensive, defamatory or obscene posting made by. Under no circumstances will OSIS be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through the content on InsureShip.com sites. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through InsureShip.com sites. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific information, opinion, advice or other content, including but not limited to financial, health, or lifestyle information, opinion, advice or other content.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless OSIS, its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of the use by you of the InsureShip.com Sites, including claims by other users of your equipment, access, products or membership.
Cancellation Policy/Return Policy
We take great pride in providing you the best possible shipping insurance. The customer is able to cancel their insurance policy for a full refund any time prior to shipment by merchant. Once an item has been shipped, all shipping insurance sales are final.
Flowers, plants, fine art, cotton, fresh foods, live animals, precious stones and metals, currency, cigarettes, eggs, specie, securities and other negotiable papers, bulk products, personal goods, laptop computers, computer chips and similar memory devices, televisions and mobile phones, unless endorsed in writing. Merchandise shipped in consignment, memorandum, or approval unless shipped in fulfillment of and order or request.
Excluded countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Bolivia, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Paraguay and any other Country that is or may become embargoed by the United States or United Nations as sanctioned by the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC)
Loss, damage, or non-arrival of any parcel or the contents of said parcel which (a) is addressed, wrapped or packed insufficiently, incorrectly or contrary to the packaging requirements of the carrier being used by the insured or (b) bears a descriptive label or packaging describing the nature of the parcel's contents. Any parcel containing personal goods to accommodate an employer or employee.
Losses (claims) being caused by infidelity, dishonesty, or any overt act on the part of the insured, associate in interest, and/or any of the insured's employees, whether occurring during hours of employment or otherwise, or on the part of custodians (common carriers excepted), or the property insured, unless specifically endorsed herein in writing. Resulting from inherent vice, decay, clean up costs, loss of market, loss of use, latent defect, delay, changes in temperature or humidity, or other deterioration, any remote or consequential loss, whether or not arising out of a peril insured against. Arising out of loss from delivering the product to someone who obtains it by trick, false pretense, or other fraudulent schemes.
Against loss or damage caused by or arising out of; a) hostile or warlike action in times of both peace and war, including action hindering, combating, or defending against an actual impending or expected attack; b) any weapon of combat employing atomic fission/fusion or any other radioactive force in times of both war and peace; c) insurrection, rebellion, revolution, civil war, usurped power, or action taken by government authority in hindering, combating or defending against such an occurrence, seizure or destruction under quarantine or customs regulations, confiscation by order of any government or public authority or risks of contraband or illegal transportation of trade. Nuclear Exclusion. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, it is hereby understood and agreed that this policy shall not apply to any loss, damage, or expense due to or resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, nuclear reaction, radiation, or radioactive contamination, no matter what its cause.
It is warranted by the insured that all parcels under this coverage will be shipped in accordance with all regulations of the carrier and amendments thereof.
The deductible, if any, shall be deducted from the amount of the claim or liability limit, whichever is less, on a "per parcel" basis and borne by the insured. The insured is responsible for (and entitled to) collecting any amount for which the carrier may be liable.
The insured must wait 20 days for domestic, 30 days for international shipments, to file for non-delivery claims. If damaged, the insured may file a notice of damage with Online Shipping Insurance Services immediately. All claims must be filed within 90 days of shipment to be honored. The insured will submit a completed Online Shipping Insurance Services claim form, copy of the original invoice to the consignee/ original invoice from the shipper, whichever is applicable, a signed and dated statement from the consignee / receiving party, proof of damage if applicable and any additional documentation requested to substantiate the loss. Coverage does not include handling fees and insurance fees. All damaged property for which payment (not repair costs), or replacement costs have been made, must, on request, be returned to the Underwriters. Failure to hold the damaged property until the claim is fully resolved will result in the claim's being denied. The insured will have one (1) year from the date of the shipment to furnish any required and/or additional documentation requested by Online Shipping Insurance Services in order for the insured to substantiate said claim. Should the insured fail to provide the required and/or additional documentation within one (1) year from the ship date, the insured's claim will be denied. Any covered loss will be promptly paid to the insured or their assignee after notice of loss or damage and the required documentation has been received and accepted by Underwriters in accordance with all terms and conditions of this coverage, unless property is replaced, at the option of the Underwriters, with like kind, function, and quality.
Upon payment for loss or damage, the Underwriters shall be subrogated to all the rights of the insured including whatever money may be recoverable. This payment excludes applicable deductible amounts corresponding to the claim settlement on account of said loss or damage from the carrier, or any of the carrier's employees or agents, or from any other person or corporation whatsoever. The insured specifically covenants and agrees to aid the company in all manners possible to aid in securing reimbursement of said loss or damage. In the event the carrier admits to fraudulent activity from the carrier's employees, the insured will take action against the carrier and not hold Online Shipping Insurance Services responsible for claims associated with said activity.
No suit, action or proceedings for the recovery of any claim under this coverage shall be sustainable in any court of law or entity unless the respective action is commenced within twelve (12) months after discovery by the insured of the issue giving rise to the claim, provided however, that said time limitation is invalid by the state law where this coverage is issued. In that case any such claim shall be void.
The insured or the Underwriters may terminate this policy at any time by giving fifteen (15) days written notice thereof, provided that such termination does not impact a shipment already in transit. Certified notice of cancellation sent to the insured at the last known address shall be deemed sufficient compliance with the conditions of this clause on the part of the Underwriters.
Your online purchase has been insured for loss, damage and theft by Online Shipping Insurance Services. If your package is damaged once received or simply does not arrive, please use the following link to make a claim:
Claim Form: https://claims.insureship.com/
All packaging material and damaged goods must be kept in the original form as received. Packaging and damaged goods should not be disposed of or released to the shipping carrier before a claim is completed, as photographs may be required. Failure to comply can result in the denial of the claim due to insufficient packing.
Concealed Damage - Allows for the discovery of loss or damage up to 15 days after final delivery. The loss is deemed to have possibly occurred during the insured transit. Discovery of loss or damage occurring 16 days or later after final delivery is deemed to have occurred while the shipment was NOT in transit, and therefore, is not covered.
Insured must wait 20 days for domestic, 30 days for international shipments, to file for non-delivery claims. If damaged, the insured will file a notice of damage with Online Shipping Insurance Services immediately. All claims must be filed within ninety (90) days of shipment to be honored. The insured will submit a completed Online Shipping Insurance Services claim form, copy of the original invoice to the consignee / original invoice from the shipper, whichever is applicable, a signed and dated statement from the consignee / receiving party, proof of damage if applicable and any additional documentation requested to substantiate the loss. Coverage does not include handling fees and insurance fees. All damaged property for which payment (not repair costs), or replacement costs have been made, must, on request, be returned to the Underwriters. Failure to hold the damaged property until the claim is fully resolved will result in the claim’s being denied.
Once claim has been accepted and approved by the underwriters, prompt payment will be made to the Insured.
This Certificate shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California.
The parties agree that any and all claims or disputes arising out of the Certificate or the performance of the Certificate shall be brought in Los Angeles County, California.
The Insured agrees to INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS OSIS and Underwriters from any loss, liability, damage or costs, including court costs and attorney fees that they may incur due to misreading, misunderstanding, and not following the coverage requirements as per this InsureShip certificate or as endorsed.
If you have any questions regarding this policy please contact us:
By email: email@example.com
By Phone: 1-866-701-3654 | International: +1-818-303-9255
Hours: Mon/Fri, excluding U.S. public holidays 9:00am - 5:00pm PST (-8 GMT).
Contact Us Via Email
Contact Us Via Facebook.
Contact Us Via Twitter
Leave Us a Review!
Our order desk is available by phone from October 1 through January 15th for order taking only. If you have questions of any kind, please send them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that Red Suit Club points can only be redeemed for self-service orders - they cannot be redeemed when calling in an order to our order desk.